TAG | Networking
In an ever changing and highly competitive job market, staying relevant and focused on career planning has become crucial. Businesses are increasingly seeking employees who can add value to their operations.
Here are some of my top tips for staying relevant in an ever changing jobs market:
- Develop your key strengths: Identify and leverage your core competencies, for example your qualifications and other accreditations, work experience, expertise, talents and general interests.
- Self investment: To progress in any organisation and to give you an edge above others, upgrading and supplementing your existing skills and expertise is crucial.
- Knowledge is power: In a dynamic and ever changing world, it’s important to be in tune with the changing market. Keep up with industry news and trends by reading relevant publications (on and off-line), keeping in touch with key contacts and attending networking events. Social networking is also a good way to connect with your industry and learn up-to-the-minute news.
- Fill the gap: Identify your weaknesses and increase your worth by overcoming them through training and development.
- Nurturing relationship: In today’s networking age, fostering a good relationship with your colleagues helps to create a pleasant and efficient work environment. Furthermore, it will boost your career longevity in any organisation.
- Organisation goals: Identifying long term goals and objectives and fitting into succession planning will help you stay relevant within your firm.